I made this for a friend, Hayley, and her new baby–the one she was told she’d never have!
I messed up a little bit when choosing fabrics. The colors in Caden’s nursery were much more muted and pastel-y than the ones I chose. But, I fell in love with the pre-printed panel that I chose for the middle. So, I felt I had to go with the brighter colors.
As the pictures show, I used the machine to embroider the baby’s name in one of the border frames. I stippled around the picture of the ark to make it “pop”. Then followed the outline of other pre-printed patterns for the quilting. The backing fabric was a fleece “Noah’s Ark” pattern. I was very pleased with this quilt when it was finished. Hayley, too, seemed pleased. That’s the important part!